User Tag List

Thread: TV and Broadband

Groats

TV and Broadband

Bought a place et cetera.

Trying to work out what the best solution is really.

Probably decent broadband package and then stream TV rather than pay Virgin or Sky.

Kodi
    Amazon
    Netflix

What's the best combination to cover everything?

I'll probably buy a new TV which will have freeview and other stuff built in (although not sure what they come with?)

Also looking at a music set up similar to Sonos or just buying Sonos.

Are there similar solutions at a fraction of the cost? Ideally want to play Spotify from it

Groats
    I use sky and Netflix and amazon. I'm probably not very 'cost efficient'.

There's lots of deals (broadband) and lots of steels (firestick).
    S.H.I.T

Groats
    we got rid of sky last year, changed everything over to BT, got phone line, broadband and BTTV as well as netflix (and we have amazon prime anyway) and i think we have a couple of now TV boxes - that let you watch sky 1 and sky atlantic for free.

All of that for less than the cost of sky tv, and thats not even include what we used to pay for broadband as well
    jones, get her some pants

FireTV + Perfect Player + FabIPTV

https://fabiptv.com/aff.php?aff=118

Yes, posting my affiliate link again because it gives me money off my subscription if you use it They're fucking great though, super responsive (like, "Hey, can you add channel x?" and it's there within an hour), they have all PPV stuff, all US and UK sport channels (including multiview and subscription) and all the movies, plus hundreds of on-demand titles.

https://pastebin.com/qcf6CrH5 <-- channel list

TV and Broadband

So had on. You're not drinking, you'll have like a billion dollars in the bank and you come back here to spam! In all seriousness do they have red hot Dutch?
    S.H.I.T

1-X, I've had a scan of Virgins Acceptable Use Policy but can't see any reference to data caps. 2 xBoxes plus the rest. Can you see any issues?
    S.H.I.T

Is ok, can see for an extra £5 a month its unlimited and unmanaged.
    S.H.I.T

Sick on waiting on Sky fibre so we're flipping to virgin. Get BT sports on top, decent internet and it's £35 cheaper a month.
    S.H.I.T

TV and Broadband

Sky's attempt (their retention team) to stop me leaving was pretty dire. They come back saving £20 on a worse package. I asked them how thing this had been available and when they was going to credit my account t he difference for their blatant over charging. They threw the towel in at this point
    S.H.I.T

Groats
    I'm potentially moving in a fee months and so don't want to sign a new deal with sky or anyone elae, so I'm being massively overcharged

Has anyone used a now box btw? Looks quite cheap.
    Do you believe you’re missing out? Everything good is happening somewhere else.
    But with nobody in your bed, the night’s hard to get through.
    --------------------------------
    Well I've had many different girls inside my bed, but only one or two inside my head
    These days I cuddle up to my guitar instead
    But oh, what I would give, not to stumble but to really fall in love
    And I could substitute my singing for the sound of someone sleeping next to me

1-X do you bother with Virgins Virus Safe?
    S.H.I.T

no, but I might think differently if kids were using the connection, I have no idea if it's any good tbh.

It's GREECE LIGHTNING.
    S.H.I.T