User Tag List

Thread: The Totally Tanked Transfer Tavern (silly season) 2017

The Totally Tanked Transfer Tavern (silly season) 2017

In between being linked to 290 players we've signed Atsu. Rumours us and Brighton are fighting for Abraham's on loan.

The other 288 is just click bait.
    S.H.I.T

Groats
    im looking forward to this off season, i think city/utd are likely to be suitably silly and god knows what arsenal and chelsea will do
    jones, get her some pants

Major Celtic transfer rumour is we're offering on Patrick Roberts. Spending £5.75mil (plus) to retain a player, not move forward leaves me feeling slightly weird. I guess it's pay that or move backwards. Paddy has recently said he's not heard from City so maybe there's a chance we'll get him. We'll see. I suspect there are a couple of other deals in the offing too (random rumours linked with a bunch of players).
    On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Look like we are in the boss seat for Abraham now. Ruben Semedo links grow. £12.5m.
    S.H.I.T

Groats
    Efe Ambrose is the big signing for Hibs so far; persistent rumours we're getting Anthony Stokes in for a third spell, which would be good

Groats
    what the hell is this craziness of Liverpool looking at Van Dijk at Southampton for £60m?!

Football is completely mad.

Also, with Hazard breaking his ankle, will that put a move on hold for him this summer?
    Do you believe you’re missing out? Everything good is happening somewhere else.
    But with nobody in your bed, the night’s hard to get through.
    --------------------------------
    Well I've had many different girls inside my bed, but only one or two inside my head
    These days I cuddle up to my guitar instead
    But oh, what I would give, not to stumble but to really fall in love
    And I could substitute my singing for the sound of someone sleeping next to me

Van Dijk is a quality defender who is available in an era where there aren't many of them. Also liverpool are desperate for good defenders because they are hopeless at the back. Big fee but makes sense.

€60m??? seriously???

absolutely ridiculous imo. very average player.
    Batracer champion 2012 - 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    what the hell is this craziness of Liverpool looking at Van Dijk at Southampton for £60m?!
    On the one hand Celtic are due 10% of the sell-on fee so £6 million is nice. On the other hand we got jipped when we "only" sold him for £13 million two years ago as he was just as class then.

Wolves are linked with Bebe, a turd of a player on Mendes' books. You may vaguely remember the name from the years he spent at Man Utd never playing.

i now heard ASRoma is interested to buy Promes from Spartak Moscow, for €37,5m. he has to replace Salah, who might go to Liverpool.

so: Van Dijk is €60. and a ten times better player (attacker even, so much more rare) costs about half!?

also: some clubs abroad now have shows interest in Ziyech. they want to pay +€20m already. while he costed €11m last year... i told everyone about this being a ridiculously low amount. @jer, remember?

Seems liverpool have ended their interest!

If that fee was right then why would the Saints kick off?

Meanwhile in Glasgow pints remain half empty.
    S.H.I.T

Quote Originally Posted by maladoni View Post
    If that fee was right then why would the Saints kick off?

Meanwhile in Glasgow pints remain half empty.
    Guessing either stains don't want to sell or they have a better offer and have demanded liverpool play ball or get reported.

"We want £70 mil! We want £70 mil!"

Groats
    So forest have signed Cummings from hibs.
    Any of the Scottish contingent know whether this is a good or bad signing?
    Do you believe you’re missing out? Everything good is happening somewhere else.
    But with nobody in your bed, the night’s hard to get through.
    --------------------------------
    Well I've had many different girls inside my bed, but only one or two inside my head
    These days I cuddle up to my guitar instead
    But oh, what I would give, not to stumble but to really fall in love
    And I could substitute my singing for the sound of someone sleeping next to me

@FTJT would know best. Whenever I've seen him play I've thought he was a bit of a cunt but maybe that's just me. It's probably a decent bit of business for both sides. He scored a decent number of goals and Hibs can use the money to strengthen elsewhere.

Groats
    He's the good kind of mentalist. He's young, he's great in the box and hardworking for a poacher (but less effective the further he is from goal). Good value signing for forest - absolute bargain if he's half as good as i think he is, and no big outlay if he struggles in a different league.

It's a big loss for Hibs, but at least we've got clarity about where we're strengthening in the rest of the window

@FTJT if you get Stokes and Commons in you'll end up with half the Celtic squad from 2-3 years ago

Liam Boyce joins Burton Albion. If I was a betting man (and I am) I'd put money on him being the league's top scorer. Massive loss for County (who I have some affection for). Supposedly he had a £500k buy-out clause which should likely have been paid by Hibs (I didn't mention this the other day as I didn't want him to leave).

Groats
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush^ View Post
    Liam Boyce joins Burton Albion. If I was a betting man (and I am) I'd put money on him being the league's top scorer. Massive loss for County (who I have some affection for). Supposedly he had a £500k buy-out clause which should likely have been paid by Hibs (I didn't mention this the other day as I didn't want him to leave).
    he was one of a couple of players I was hoping we'd sign one of. Fingers currently crossed for Moult

We're on the verge of signing right back Nathan Thompson who was captain of Swindon last season. Apparently we've been scouting him for ages. Not very exciting although I'm semi expecting some spurs youngsters on loan as Jackett was at their academy last season.

Quote Originally Posted by maladoni View Post
    In between being linked to 290 players we've signed Atsu. Rumours us and Brighton are fighting for Abraham's on loan.

The other 288 is just click bait.
    Abraham went to Swansea. Apparently he want to be paid more on top.
    S.H.I.T

we sold Klich to Leeds, and signed Vuckic (out of contract at Newcastle). i'm not unhappy about it.